AskOTkimberly Learning & Development
Welcome! I'm AskOTkimberly, a trusted Health Learning and Development facilitator in clinical and community health education. I have a proven ability to gain institutional support for initiatives by transforming concepts into actionable programs. To date, I have delivered learning and development workshops, presentations, and trainings in collaboration with county government, hospital health systems, health associations, and community partners on physical health, mental health, maternal and child health, and rehabilitation through an intersectional lens.
My work includes:
1. Conceptualization and development of Learning and Development Special Interest Group in Equity for a State Association.
2. Curriculum development and launching of professional development series for Health professionals and Graduate students on Building Therapeutic Alliance with BIPOC and Immigrant patients.
3. Advised County based Racial Equity Administrators on BIPOC Health and Wellness Initiatives. Participated in in-depth equity analysis of policy and practices impacting community, barrier identification to positive outcomes, and high involvement solutions generations.
4. Co-led Families and Individuals Needs for Disability Supports focus groups, qualitative research, and survey revision for University of Minnesota’s Institute on Community Integration. Data analysis of interviews, surveys, and focus groups of 3k stakeholders on disability accessibility programming and policies.
5. Creation of recruitment and mentorship pipeline of BIPOC undergraduates seeking enrollment in Graduate School.
6. Clinical Practice Guidelines authorship and publication for employee training and development of 700 employee organization.
7. Recommendation to State Professional Association of an Equity based Internship-Residency with local Universities in order to advance Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Cultural Competence.
In nearly two decades, I have reached over 17k+ health related stakeholders as an Occupational Therapist, LEND Fellow, Association of University Centers on Disabilities Emerging Scholar, Maternal Child Health Trainee, and Community Health outreach worker. I educate you and your team on strategic partnerships, DEI charters, policy and practice assessment, root cause, clinical practice guideline development, and care quality improvement. Let's connect to discuss how my work will add value to your organization's Learning and Development planning.
Vision and Mission
Vision: AskOTkimberly.org will be a leader in patient centered and culturally responsive learning and development to improve physical and mental health of consumers.
Mission: AskOTkimberly.org is a BIPOC woman owned, culturally responsive and health quality centered independent health education LLC. The mission is to promote Quality Improvement and Culturally and Linguistically Appropriate Standards (CLAS) for health equity.