Building Therapeutic Alliance Version 2.0
Course Details: 2.75 hour CEU/PDU on Health Disparities Resolution and DEI Quality Improvement Metrics. Designed for Clinicans, students, and leaders seeking advanced applicable DEI Practices from BIPOC Practioner experienced in Clinical and Gov based Equity work. Occupational Therapist since 2005, County based Racial Equity Team Member in Health Wellness, and Equity Special Interest Group Founding Co-Chair for MN State OT Association, AskOTkimberly shares evidenced based DEI practices with almost 50 references and self study guide to continue learning beyond this course. Course objectives:
- Describe 1-2 individual strategies for building therapeutic alliance and positively impact client Outcomes (i.e. Physical Health, Mental Health).
- Describe the application of 1-2 Vision 2025 Pillars to a healthcare or school-based Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion initiative.
- Define 1-2 Culturally Linguistically Appropriate Service standards Occupational Therapy practioners (i.e. clinicians, faculty, managers, students) can employ to create an inclusive environment.
- Describe 1-2 Quality Improvement outcome measures that demonstrate commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion initiatives.
- Develop Score Card with 1-2 indicators for a Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (ie CLAS) strategic plan.
- Objectives, Outcomes, and Research
- Physical and Mental Health
- Historical Occupational Injustice
- Lab: Call to Action
- Role in DEI of Leadership and Stakeholders
- Reflection: Call to Action
- Organizational Change in DEI
- Equity Maps, Standards, & QI: Call to Action
Bonus: 13 Self Study/Call to Action Assignments on Health Disparities Resolution and Quality Improvement to be applied to Fieldwork, Clinic, Hospital, and School based sites.
Live Course Discount: Group Live Webinar Presentation of this course registration at $20 per attendee.
Live Course Inquiries to [email protected]
StartPart I: Intro, Terminology, Drivers, Research, and Outcomes (60:24)
StartPart II: Historical Occupational Injustice, Root Cause, and Solutions (41:34)
StartPart III-IV: Leadership, Stakeholders, Equity Organizational Change, and DEI QI Metrics (60:54)
StartPart V: Quiz and Certificate (6:03)